Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oanam
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to connect to Google Analytics

Hi,

I get this error script when trying to connect to Google analytics in PowerBi ->Get data.

oanam_0-1618217884478.png

oanam_1-1618217884346.png

I uninstalled, reinstalled PowerBI, cleared cache, placed as default browser Microsoft Edge and Google respectively, signed out of my account in PowerBi, restarted my laptop, but nothing improved. Please help?

Thank you,

Oana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, I am using PowerBi Desktop, this is the version which I installed it 2 weeks ago : 2.91.884.0 64-bit (March 2021). I do have access to GA, in the privacy settings it says that POwerBI is connected.

I managed to go around the issue and connect to my mobile data hotspot and sign it. However, if I come across this issue again, I wouldn't know how to connect on the current wifi. Does this has to do  with wifi network security or something? It is very strange because I lowered all the possible security options related to GA and POwerBI, I don't have any other issues when working on the current wifi but it doesn't let me sign in onto that specific PowerBi connection.. I was thinking if there is a way to force in the sign-in ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @oanam 

Are you connecting to Google Analytic from Service or Desktop? If it is Service, you can try to sign out Power BI but not close the browser and clear credentials. Then try again. If it is Desktop, are you using the latest Desktop? Have you ever check the status of you GA account and whether you have access to Google Analytics with your GA admin?

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, I am using PowerBi Desktop, this is the version which I installed it 2 weeks ago : 2.91.884.0 64-bit (March 2021). I do have access to GA, in the privacy settings it says that POwerBI is connected.

I managed to go around the issue and connect to my mobile data hotspot and sign it. However, if I come across this issue again, I wouldn't know how to connect on the current wifi. Does this has to do  with wifi network security or something? It is very strange because I lowered all the possible security options related to GA and POwerBI, I don't have any other issues when working on the current wifi but it doesn't let me sign in onto that specific PowerBi connection.. I was thinking if there is a way to force in the sign-in ?

thanks, @amitchandak , none of the links fixed my issue. the first link suggests to clear permissions, which I did many times , still no solution. Any other solutions I could look at ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.