Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adam_mac
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to connect target sales table to calendar table

Hi, i am trying to connect my target sales table to my calendar table so that i can then create KPI's against actual sales however It wont seem to let me create a 1 to many relationship even though my calendar table is a generic table that contains unique values. It references its because there is an active relationship with the Finance_sales table. Any ideas how to fix?

1.PNG2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @adam_mac ,

As the error message said, if the relationship map contains multiple active relationships to summarize analysis, it will be confused which one should be correct. Therefore, it only allows an activated primary relationship link between linked tables for analysis and interactions.

If you change the direction of the crossfilter to be one-sided, you should be able to create the relationship. Or you can use it in a calculation using USERELATIONSHIP().

Have I answered your question? Please mark my answer as a solution. Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @adam_mac ,

As the error message said, if the relationship map contains multiple active relationships to summarize analysis, it will be confused which one should be correct. Therefore, it only allows an activated primary relationship link between linked tables for analysis and interactions.

If you change the direction of the crossfilter to be one-sided, you should be able to create the relationship. Or you can use it in a calculation using USERELATIONSHIP().

Have I answered your question? Please mark my answer as a solution. Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Eyelyn Qin

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @adam_mac 

It probably has to do with the many-to-many bidirectional relationship that you have in the model. Try to get rid of it. Many-to-many and bidirectional relationships are not recommended unless you strictly need them and know extremely well what you are doing.

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.