Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Pradheep_P Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Unable to connect my Power BI to my JIRA portal

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my Jira data into Power BI. But I can't connect in both Power BI Desktop and Power BI online.

1. I've downloaded a Jira content pack for Power BI and trying to use it. When I try to connect in Power BI desktop.  I get "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again" error message. I'm using Basic authentication with correct Jira credentials (below screenshot of the error)

(Power BI Desktop_1.pngDesktop

2. When I try to use Jira app in Power BI online with the same credentials. I get "Failed to update data source credentials. The credentials provided for the web source is invalid" Here also I'm using Basic authentication with my Jira credentials(Below screenshot)

Power BI online_1.pngonline

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,

Pradheep

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to connect my Power BI to my JIRA portal

Hi @Pradheep_P ,

Power BI connect JIRA via REST API, it actually open calls to "https://xxx.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?maxResults=500&startAt=0". So you could check yourURL and you may atlassian for more details about its REST API.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.