Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

benjaminhoang
Helper III
Helper III

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to Excel - Gateway

Hello everyone. I am trying to setup my dashboard for schedule refresh but I am running into this issue with the gateway. 

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to T:\Dispatch\1. DISPATCH\2. REPORTS\Pipe and Completed Loads Report 2018.xlsx. Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance.

I know the gateway is online but I am not able to connect to any of the excel files regardless of where I put it. I am not sure if I am entering the credential incorrectly or what I am doing wrong exactly. Any help would be appreciated.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No,

The UNC path is the name of the server. Eg. If I named my Server FileShare1 my unc path is (not case sensitive) : \\FileShare1 

tek is the name of your domain. you will need to ask IT what the server name is and maybe get the full path as T: is just a letter to mask \\servername\folder1 etc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi benjaminhoang ,

Please use domain\username instead in windows username blank and try again. If still error, please provide gateway logs for further test.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hello, still no luck where are these logs that I can provide?

Activity ID:76b593ed-4e3b-49d4-a66c-3ecee0ee80ce
Request ID:4e059a82-c9d3-edc2-6d7d-51891918c3b3
Cluster URI:https://wabi-canada-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Mon Apr 16 2018 08:42:07 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.4965.184
Tak Dashboards:Invalid connection credentials.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:The credentials provided for the File source are invalid. (Source at t:\dispatch\1. dispatch\2. reports\pipe and completed loads report 2018.xlsx.)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:File
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:T:\Dispatch\1. DISPATCH\2. REPORTS\Pipe and Completed Loads Report 2018.xlsx
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:AccessUnauthorized
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"File","path":"T:\\Dispatch\\1. DISPATCH\\2. REPORTS\\Pipe and Completed Loads Report 2018.xlsx"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:AccessUnauthorized

Capture.JPG

Have you tried using for full UNC path?

\\<servername>\Dispatch\1. DISPATCH\2. REPORTS\Pipe and Completed Loads Report 2018.xlsx

Like this? which did not work unfortunatley. 

Capture.JPG

No,

The UNC path is the name of the server. Eg. If I named my Server FileShare1 my unc path is (not case sensitive) : \\FileShare1 

tek is the name of your domain. you will need to ask IT what the server name is and maybe get the full path as T: is just a letter to mask \\servername\folder1 etc.

GREAT GUYS ONE STEP CLOSER. It shows my gateway and file are connected but when I try to connect the data set It shows I dont have any gateways configured.

1.JPG2.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.