Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dennisshelton
Frequent Visitor

Unable to complete Exercise - Create visuals in Power BI

Hello all,

I'm new to this community and Power BI. I'm working through the tutorial provided through the links in my admin portal. I'm current on the "Exercise - Create visuals in Power BI" and it shows adding a field called State to the Report View and it presents as a Geo Map with bubbles. Later in the execise it says to change the visual from Map to Filled Map. When I do that it fills all the areas which have a bubble with the same color and not separate colors as the tutorial depicts.

powerbi1.PNG

Also, the next step says to dran another field to the Color Saturation well and there is no such well below Longitude in my interface.

powerbi2.PNG

I know I'm probably missing a step somewhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dennisshelton,

Check Tips and tricks for Power BI map visualizations and take a look at Color saturation on visuals upgraded to use conditional formatting.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dennisshelton
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Sam,

That provided the answers I needed. I hope Microsoft will be updating their tutorial as I have a few other staff members who need to use this to get started.

So far, I'm liking Powere BI and what it can provide. Our CEO has been asking for these capabilities for a while. Next steps are to learn more about how to make more interesting stories with Power BI. 

I'm hoping to find more tutorials soon.

Thanks again,

DJS 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@dennisshelton,

Check Tips and tricks for Power BI map visualizations and take a look at Color saturation on visuals upgraded to use conditional formatting.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.