Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DionKent
Regular Visitor

Unable to close 'message box' after loading data/refresh

Hello, 

Since a couple of days I have a issue in the Power BI Desktop environment when refreshing/loading my data. After the data is loaded the message 'The load is completed' appears but I am not able to close the message box. The cancel- button does not respond and the 'Ok'- button which is normally used to close this box is missing. 

DionKent_0-1652688262283.png

Does anybody know what the problem may be? P.s. I am not able to delete and reinstall Power BI because I am working from my company computer. 

Thanks in advance! 

6 REPLIES 6
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DionKent 

If the OK button appears after waiting for a few minutes, it may be because the program is stuck. Otherwise, please click the "annuleren" button and then click refresh data again, and then check whether the OK button will appear after this refresh.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately the 'Ok' button does not appear after a few minutes. In addition I am not able to click the 'Annuleren'/Cancel button, it does not respond

Hi @DionKent 

Thanks for your reply.

I missed the message prompt, does the problem still exist?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem still exists. I am afraid that my Power BI- file became too complex with a lot of transformations and got issues because of that. 

So working on a less 'complex' version now. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DionKent , If that Cross button is not helping. Check is there any windows update is pending. A few days back I have windows update pending and it was not opening my power bi from the folder. I have open after I open Power bi and then open a power bi file using file -> open 

So I doubt the pending windows update. If possible try to be on latest version of power bi

Thanks for replying, last week I had an Windows- update. This did not help the problem, message still doesn't dissapear. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.