Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RashmitaR
Helper IV
Helper IV

Unable to change the source of a report to AAS.

Hi, Currently the my data source is SQL server analysis service database(live connect) and I want to change it to AAS but I am unable to do it. I am getting an error while changing the data source and it says " we couldn't connect to the analysis service server because the connection timed out or the server name is incorrect". where as If I am trying to change the source from the server itself I am able to change it successfully.Could someone please help me with if any there is any port issue or any firewall settings that need to be taken care of.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@RashmitaR,

Can you connect to your Azure Analysis Services data base in a new report? Please refer to the link below to check how to connect to AAS in Power BI desktop.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/connecting-power-bi-to-an-azure-analysis-services-server/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@RashmitaR,

Can you connect to your Azure Analysis Services data base in a new report? Please refer to the link below to check how to connect to AAS in Power BI desktop.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/blog/connecting-power-bi-to-an-azure-analysis-services-server/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.