Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MartinAtSORCE

Unable to authenticate to Google Analytics

When attempting to authenticate to a Google Analytics data source, the login dialog appears, accepts the username and password but then throws an error asking whether to "continue running scripts on this page".  The login dialog appears to be running in an IE window which, if you take the URL to a new IE window, takes you through login without error.  We have tried setting a different browser as default, putting the accounts.google.com and ssl.gstatic.com websites into the trusted sites zone, running Power BI as admin, all with no luck.  Thanks for any help given.

This appears to be user specific - we have tested with another Google account and it dos not generate this message.

(Script message below)

script error.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
oanam
Helper I
Helper I

Hi- I have the same exact problem. I uninstalled, reinstalled PBI, I set up Microsoft Edge and Chrome respectively as default browsers, cleaned the cache, signed out from my account on PBI, still not letting me sign into Google Analytics. The same exact Scrip Error as above is showing up. Any ideas?

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MartinAtSORCE 

Please check which version of Power BI Desktop you use.

If it is a old version, it may have such error.

You could try the lastest version here.

If you are using the lastest version, please clear the data source setting and data cache, try to connect again.

If it is still not sloved, please post it in Issue Forum or open a support ticket so that Engineers would work to fix this error.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.