Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mughees
Helper II
Helper II

Unable to add measure legend in SHAPE MAP that has color saturation based on a certain measure

Hi,

I am stuck in adding a legend for my shape map. The color saturation of shape map is based on a measured field. That field changes based on mutiple different variables when they are filtered i.e. year, month, area etc. Hence, I cannot add a legend for it based on a a column. 
However, POWER BI do not accept any measure as a legend. Below is the measure and legend for reference.

Measure (Stool_adeq. = COUNTROWS(filter(Sheet1,[ADEQ]="ADEQ"))/((COUNTROWS(filter(Sheet1,[ADEQ]="ADEQ")))+COUNTROWS(filter(Sheet1,[ADEQ]="Inadeq"))) )

Legend = IF([Stool_adeq.]<.7,"< 70%", IF([Stool_adeq.]>=.8<.9,"80-89%",IF([Stool_adeq.]>=.7<.8,"70-79%", IF([Stool_adeq.]>=.9<=1, ">90%", "N/A"))) )

Below are the link of file for reference. both are same 
https://gofile.io/d/Lwa7s0
PBIX file 
If you can edit this file by adding the given legend measure, that would be great.

Thanks and Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mughees ,

As I mentioned above, please add a new table for legend, then use the following formula to create a measure:

Measure =
VAR _t =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        DISTINCT ( SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'Sheet1', "dis", 'Sheet1'[DISTRICT] ) ),
        "L", 'Sheet1'[Legend]
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [Stool_adeq.], FILTER ( _t, [L] = MAX ( 'Legend'[Type] ) ) )

Now you could apply Legend[Type] to Legend field , the final output is shown below:

for legend.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mughees ,

As I mentioned above, please add a new table for legend, then use the following formula to create a measure:

Measure =
VAR _t =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        DISTINCT ( SELECTCOLUMNS ( 'Sheet1', "dis", 'Sheet1'[DISTRICT] ) ),
        "L", 'Sheet1'[Legend]
    )
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( [Stool_adeq.], FILTER ( _t, [L] = MAX ( 'Legend'[Type] ) ) )

Now you could apply Legend[Type] to Legend field , the final output is shown below:

for legend.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Eyelyn, 

I have followed your suggestion. However my map only shows the 'Measure' which matched to the highest ranking (i.e >90%). Could you please suggest any reason for this? 

Many thanks, 

Wei 

weifan_0-1655812779416.png

weifan_3-1655812943810.png

Yes I had followed same instructions and came up with same issue, with map only showing the 'Measure' with the highest ranking, I believe it's due to the MAX aggregation within the filter

FILTER ( _t, [L] = MAX ( 'Legend'[Type] ) )

Trying a few different methods now to get around it, I've downloaded @v-eqin-msft 's sample pbix and can't quite see where the difference is which is causing the issue 

This is super awsome. Many thanks

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mughees ,

I have built a data sample since I could not download the pbix file you provided.

Legend data sample.PNG

If you want to set "<70%", "70-79%","80-89%",">90%"... as legends , I suggest you create a new table for it:

legend table(type is sorted by index).jpg

Then use the following formula to create a measure:

Measure = 
var _t=ADDCOLUMNS(DISTINCT(SELECTCOLUMNS('Sheet1',"ID",'Sheet1'[ID])) ,"L",'Sheet1'[Legend])
return COUNTX(FILTER(_t,[L]=MAX('LegendTable'[Type])),[ID])

The final output is shown below:

visuals with legends.PNG

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Thank you Eyelyn9 for your detailed response. However, the issue I am facing is that I am unable to add measure in the legend in Shape map file. I am sharing the google drive link of the file for reference. Will really appreciate if you can help in resolving the problem for this visual.

PBIX file with shape map 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.