Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Use Measure for Filter

I am trying to use a measure (Is Max Date) as a filter, either visual or page level. Essentially, the measure returns 1 if the date is the max (most recent) and a 0 otherwise.

IsMaxDate.png

I am completely unable to drop the measure as a page-level filter; it simply won't let me add it there.

I am able to bring in the measure as a visual filter but once I've done that I am unable to make any changes at all to the filter. I want to be able to alter the filter so that only rows with 1 in the Is Max Date filter are displayed.

IsMaxDateFilter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's why I am confused b/c the drop-down is not available for a Card visual, but I can get it to activate for others Visuals such as Table.

I actually found another work around (though imperfect) which is to use a relative time filter on the visual level so that only data from "1 business week" is displayed. Since our data model refreshes weekly this will work well and is currently pulling exactly as needed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous ,

you need to set the DAX code in a calculated column of the table, and then drop the column in the page filter. The DAX in the calculated column will update every time the model refreshes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. I will discuss with my EBI team as the way our current live data model is setup, I am unable to create calculated columns, only measures.

Thank you again.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Normally you click on drop arrow to switch filter mode.  If this not works, can you please share more detail information if there are any specify settings in your formula? What the nested measure formula and type that you sued in the current formula?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, that's why I am confused b/c the drop-down is not available for a Card visual, but I can get it to activate for others Visuals such as Table.

I actually found another work around (though imperfect) which is to use a relative time filter on the visual level so that only data from "1 business week" is displayed. Since our data model refreshes weekly this will work well and is currently pulling exactly as needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.