Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mostvp123
Advocate V
Advocate V

Unable to Subscribe to Hidden Report Page

Made the exact same post earlier but did not realise I wasn't logged in and can no longer find it! So here goes, will try to remember what I wrote... Basically, I'm trying to subscribe other users to a hidden report page in a published PBI App. In the subcription menu that comes up, one is able to select which report page to subscribe to, but I can't see any hidden report pages in the drop-down. Is this by design? The concerned report has lots of pages so I force users to navigate via buttons & bookmarks, to keep it clean and improve the user experience.
The only thing I could find concerning this issue is this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Possible-to-subscribe-to-a-hidden-report-page/idi-p/350755
The user who created the post describes the ability to select hidden pages in the dropdown as an "issue", and that it affects the security of the report. A community user responds saying that this is by design, and that hidden pages should never be used to maintain security (which I totally agree with!).
Despite this response, it seems that the change has been implemented, as I can't select hidden pages in the drop-down. Hidden pages should be selectable, it is often-times far cleaner to hide pages and force users to access via buttons & bookmarks.
Am I doing something wrong on my end?
Thanks for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mostvp123 ,

Currently Power BI does not support subscribe to hidden pages just as @VijayP said. Here is one similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas , you can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@mostvp123 

I donot think this feature is avaialble. Page Hiding is a security feature hence that is not added to subscription option

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi VijayP, thanks for your reply.
This feature was available in the past, but clearly has been disabled. This is outlined in the PBI community post link I sent:  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Possible-to-subscribe-to-a-hidden-report-page/idi-p/350755
I'm attaching a screenshot of the Community User's reply at the time:
Capture.PNG

Clearly, the feature was available at the time. As stated in his reply, hiding a page should never be used as a security measure. In fact, users can easily export a PDF version of a report and include hidden pages. So why should we not be able to subscribe to these pages?

Thanks for the help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.