Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vinayakvk
Regular Visitor

Unable to Start Error on all domain joined PCs

Power BI 32bit desktop is giving the error unable to start on all domain joined PCs. Same PCs when removed from domain, Power BI is working as expected.

Is it any firewall issue or other profile permission issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've found the solution!

Well it looks like an issue with the Windows 10 build I was using (1709). All the PCs that I had tested with later editions (1803,1809) were working fine. So I just updated the problematic ones to 1809 and the issue seems to have gone. Not sure if there is any compatibility issues between 1709 and Power BI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Vinayakvk,

I think it might be a permission issue.

AFAIK, power bi will created some cache data in system disk so you should confirm your account has enough premise to do that operations.

In addition, you should also confirm if you share the power bi desktop application user permission to all users.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msftMany thanks for your reply

Can you please confirm which folder or location I need to check whether permission for the cache data?

also, Iam using a domain admin account which has full access on the PC, still not getting luck

also, how do I check whether PowerBI is shared to be used by all users?(there was no option while the application installation to choose local or all users)

Thanks

Vinayak

I've found the solution!

Well it looks like an issue with the Windows 10 build I was using (1709). All the PCs that I had tested with later editions (1803,1809) were working fine. So I just updated the problematic ones to 1809 and the issue seems to have gone. Not sure if there is any compatibility issues between 1709 and Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.