Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pitucc
Helper I
Helper I

Unable to Sing in (no error) / Corporate Network

Hello,

When i try to sign in in Power BI desktop, nothing happen. I tried several times, i type my email adress, click on sign in and nothing happen. I'm on a corporate network fyi. 

Thanks for your help in advance,

Regards,

Pierre

14 REPLIES 14
alanbrownnpower
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue since installing the July 2017 update. Previously the desktop version of Power BI signed in automatically now it is asking for sign in every time I open and it and it can take many, many attempts before it is successful.

Can we get some help please?

@alanbrownnpower - Same here - since the July 2017 update, we have multiple users who have to sign in every time they open Power BI Desktop (myself included).  I don't have any problem signing in, but every time I open Power BI desktop I'm forced to sign in again.

Yes it is annoying, occasionally it takes several attepmpts for me and my colleague to sign in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pitucc,

Do you get to the part, where Power BI asks you whether your account is for school or work?

Already done that, I have no problem sign in to powerbi using Chrome or Firefox. It's in Power Dekstop in which i can't sign in. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems very strange. I have no issues signing in through desktop. Are you sure that you are running the latest version? If so try to re-install. This shouldn't take too long.

Hi,

I have reinstalled several times and yes it is the latest July update. It is strange and a little annoying but not disasterous.  Thank you for your reply!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again alan,

You can always design a dashboard and then publish it to your Power BI Service account. That way it will be stored and associated with your account. Will this accommodate your need?

Not exactly. With your methode i can't use the publish button whish is quite problematic...

Hi @pitucc@alanbrownnpower,

I also don't have any issue signing in on the latest version(2.48.4792.481) of Power BI Desktop.

As we cannot reproduce this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on it. Smiley Happy

Regards

As hard as I try I cannot open a ticket - it may be a quirk of our very tightly controlled network, however I have now given up trying

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes but I keep being asked to sign-in over and over again

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alanbrownnpower

Alright, try pinging some of the admins here. You can go to the forum and search for admin by user. You can also try to summon some of the microsoft people.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.