Regular Visitor

Unable to Sing in (no error) / Corporate Network

Hello,

When i try to sign in in Power BI desktop, nothing happen. I tried several times, i type my email adress, click on sign in and nothing happen. I'm on a corporate network fyi. 

Thanks for your help in advance,

Regards,

Pierre

Re: Unable to Sing in (no error) / Corporate Network

Hi Pitucc,

Do you get to the part, where Power BI asks you whether your account is for school or work?

Regular Visitor

Already done that, I have no problem sign in to powerbi using Chrome or Firefox. It's in Power Dekstop in which i can't sign in. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue since installing the July 2017 update. Previously the desktop version of Power BI signed in automatically now it is asking for sign in every time I open and it and it can take many, many attempts before it is successful.

Can we get some help please?

This seems very strange. I have no issues signing in through desktop. Are you sure that you are running the latest version? If so try to re-install. This shouldn't take too long.

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have reinstalled several times and yes it is the latest July update. It is strange and a little annoying but not disasterous.  Thank you for your reply!

Hi again alan,

You can always design a dashboard and then publish it to your Power BI Service account. That way it will be stored and associated with your account. Will this accommodate your need?

Regular Visitor

Not exactly. With your methode i can't use the publish button whish is quite problematic...

Super Contributor

Hi @pitucc@alanbrownnpower,

I also don't have any issue signing in on the latest version(2.48.4792.481) of Power BI Desktop.

As we cannot reproduce this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance on it. Smiley Happy

Regards

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

@alanbrownnpower - Same here - since the July 2017 update, we have multiple users who have to sign in every time they open Power BI Desktop (myself included).  I don't have any problem signing in, but every time I open Power BI desktop I'm forced to sign in again.