Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Sign in to ArcGIS Account w/ Microsoft Power BI Desktop

I'm having an issue with Microsoft Power BI Desktop. I'm unable to connect to my ArcGIS account. I was able to log in last week but am unable to do so now.  I've done my research and attempted to uninstall, redownload (tried an earlier version), install, and clear cache, among other things.  Nothing I attempt appears to work. The login text field is frozen, preventing me from entering my credentials. However, the text field unfreezes if I select the ArcGIS Enterprise login option (see attached image).

Can anyone assist?

BI Issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

PBI Desktop SU11 QFE2 (version: 2.99.862.0) was released to PROD today via DLC & MS store with the below fix:

- Fix for ArcGIS Maps visual sign-in issue: now the sign-in window for ArcGIS visual will pop-up (only when "Power BI Desktop infrastructure update" preview feature is off).

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lchaplen
Helper II
Helper II

I'm having issues after a Microsoft update.. I have a report I created last week and now ArcGIS map doesnt display in the Power BI desktop and error: This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue. 

I have cleared the CACHE folder and rebooted and didn't fix the issue. There is no CEF folder that I could find.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

PBI Desktop SU11 QFE2 (version: 2.99.862.0) was released to PROD today via DLC & MS store with the below fix:

- Fix for ArcGIS Maps visual sign-in issue: now the sign-in window for ArcGIS visual will pop-up (only when "Power BI Desktop infrastructure update" preview feature is off).

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

Someone had a similar problem recently.

Try this after unhiding hidden folders: 

1. Clear the folders in the following locations: 
    • .exe version— %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop (for example, <user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop)
    • Microsoft Store version— C:\Users\<user>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App
  2. Delete the folder named CEF.
  3. Delete the folder named Cache.
  4. Restart the machine.
    https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Unable-to-sign-in-to-ArcGIS-on-Power-BI/td-p/2124430/page/2

It submited internal to confirm(ICM: 274230792).

I have tested on September version and it worked so that you can try it to check.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Unable-to-Sign-in-to-ArcGIS-Account-w-Microsoft-Power-BI-Desktop/idi-p/2204871

Best Regards,

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Please check and log an issue too https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.