Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Save File

Hello,

After some quick changes to my PBIX, I get an error message upon save that states the file path is invalid.

The issue only presents itself when I add an image to the PBIX file via URL.  If I upload the image manually, it saves without issue.  I'm just using the image option in the Home menu and inserting the URL.  Image loads fine.

I am using this method instead of choosing a file on my PC because the image looks pixelated in PBI Service unless I use a URL as the source...

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it!  I did see a topic about how images with non-US characters in the name will cause this...  but we aren't talking about a file name here.  Just a URL.

3 REPLIES 3
rohitbinnani
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi, I have got a solution for it. i have faced this issue multiple times and then i tried this on Windows 10 and it perectly worked. i am using windows 7 currently. what you can do is install Windows 10 as a virtual Machine in your system and try again the same process again and it will work fine. Also you can try it as Exporting as Power Bi Template and open the Power Bi Template again and try saving it. this works too. Also make sure that you are using PNG formatted images.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Binnani.

TaylorClark
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting this! We're working on a fix for the issue (involves 'special characters', specifically those that must be URI encoded --  ex: % -- in image file names). As you mentioned, you can work around this by saving the image locally. You can also work around this by adding a column in your model with the image URL, setting the Data Category as such, then using it in your report

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I have tested it on my local environment, and we can reproduce this issue. I will report it internal and post here if there are any updates.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.