Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Remove Errors

I have a table which contains time-series data. I have errors appear in some rows, however don't seem to be able to remove them. I have tried Remove Errors, Replace Errors and Replace Values. I've even tried modifying my Power Query code to use 'Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors', however nothing seems to work. 

Any ideas how I can remove these rows containing Error?

error.JPG

I am using the latest version of Power BI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved this by moving the Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors() function to an earlier point in my Power Query, where the errors appear as single cells in one column (rather than expanded out to an entire row).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Weav8060
Frequent Visitor

this is a terrible, terrible bug

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have solved this by moving the Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors() function to an earlier point in my Power Query, where the errors appear as single cells in one column (rather than expanded out to an entire row).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me. Tried remove, replace errors, identifying them with try, etc. The Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors() function needs to be immediately after Source. Any later and it will not work.

This works . . .Removing Errors immediately after Sources fixes the problem. Thank You.

adityavighne
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Anonymous 

Just filter the data in by "Error" in edit query and then load/refresh the report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this still did not work.

Hi!

I solved this by changing the API version during the data loading. I was using API version 14 and after changing this to v15 this error row was no longer there.

Somehow it's strange as I using in the same file v14 for other locations with no issues. 

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.