Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

henry_ascencio

Unable to Publish to newly created Teams

For the week I have been unable to publish a report to any newly created team (Add new team in Teams) in our organization. 
I select "Publish to PowerBI" and it gives me an option of destinations, but the only options are Teams that were created over a week ago. It will not show any newly created teams. 

Is there a way to force this list to resync so I have the option to publish to the team? It was working fine last week.

And to help on the answer, I am either the creator of the new Teams or I was added as one of the administrators.

Could you guys please help?

2 REPLIES 2
ebeery
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@henry_ascencio , I believe what you are experiencing is related to the difference between "classic" and "new experience" Power BI workspaces.

Previously in Power BI, "classic" workspaces were automatically created when a Microsoft 365 group (such as Team) was created.  However going forward, this will no longer be the case.  Workspaces would need to be created separately from Microsoft Teams.

Based on this blog post, it appears that Microsoft is in the process of removing the ability to create these classic workspaces, which is probably what you are experiencing.

ebeery_0-1626993907481.png

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-ca/blog/updated-timeline-for-upgrading-classic-workspaces/

Hello @ebeery , thank you for your time on replying.

As far as I understood, I either have to ask my IT Dept. (Power BI Admins) to upgrade the workspaces for me or wait until April 2022 for Microsoft to upgrade the classic workspaces.

Did I get it right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.