Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JamalIT
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Publish to Web

I have tried to publish from the Power BI desktop app but I couldn't and I got this message

Problem.png

2- Importing a report from the online App:

We couldn't import data from Power BI Desktop File

Make sure you're entering the information correctly.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID: ab95aa3f-abef-41dc-8198-e171efa1c782

Request ID: e71fb65d-c318-04cf-e172-717574aa9720

Correlation ID: 9eafbdfe-57c9-3a23-60f1-a72d3cb1e619

Status code: 500

Time: Wed Nov 14 2018 14:14:08 GMT+0300 (GMT+03:00)

Version: 13.0.7302.190

Cluster URI: https://wabi-west-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @JamalIT,

If I understand your case correctly that you have two problems?

1. You will have error when you publish the report in Power BI Desktop to Power BI Service?

Do you have this error for all reports when you publish to Power BI Service? 

If you have this error for all reports, I'll suggest you uninstall the Power BI Desktop and reinstall the latest version  of Power BI Desktop.

If you only have the error for the specific report, what is the data source of the report? If it is convenient, please share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

2. For your second scenario, if I understand correctly that you have problems when you import pbix file in Power BI Service?

By my test, I cannot reproduce your issue.

Could you import the simple excel file successfully in Power BI Service? 

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry
I hope all is well

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

I had to clarify that, I've already reinstalled the last version of Power BI desktop on both my Laptop and Desktop computers.

I have the same problem for all of my reports, I have even created a very simple table (columns: Q1, Q2, rows:40,60) and generated the pie chart for it and again I couldn't publish.

When it comes to the second scenario: I could get Excel data easily from the Power BI service and generate and publish the report. But I couldn't get the reports generated by Power BI desktop itself, although my colleagues could get the reports easily on their computers. 

I think the problem is in the Power BI service or my account. How could I reset my Power BI service?

Warm Regards,

Jamal

Hi @JamalIT,

What's your Power BI account? Pro or free or Pro trail?

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry
Thanks again for your kind replies.

Actually, I had a Pro trial and it was working very well, after upgrading into permanent Pro by our IT department I have faced this problem.

Warm Regards,

Jamal

Hi @JamalIT,

I have tested with Pro trial and Power BI Pro, but I cannot reproduce your issue.

You'd better create a support ticket to get further help.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Cherry

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.