Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rod-Average
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Publish to Web

Good morning

I updated my PBI desktop version to November yesterday.  Aside from the issue already reported of report themes no longer saving when applied, I also have the issue that I cannot now publish anything from PBI Desktop to the web service.  This applies both to reports created in the October release version and reports created in the November version.  I have un-installed PBI and re-installed but no change.  Anyone else having this issue or anyone have a fix for this.

Many thanks

Rod Average

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good Morning

I have tried going to the Power BI Service and using ‘Get Data’ and that has worked perfectly.  What was happening was I had opened a report is PBI Desktop and then selected the ‘Publish’ option.  What happened then was I was asked to sign in which seemed to go ok.  I did not receive an error message but I did not then get any options to do with publishing (which I did previously).  If I clicked the publish button again nothing happened.  However, if I can publish by using the get data option in the Service that will be ok. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Rod Average

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
bonvinre

i have the same problem ; unable to publish from power BI destop

bonvinre

I have the same problem : unable to publish from PowerBI Desktop

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rod-Average

I am not able to reproduce your issue. What error message do you get when publishing PBIX file to Power BI Service?

And please directly use “Get Data->Files” option in Power BI Service to upload your PBIX file and check if it is successful.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

For me also, neither the Get data option from BI service nor the Publish option from PBI desktop is working. Error as shared below - 

Couldn't load the schema for the database model
Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 22b476ad-85ea-408e-902d-a64df14eb41b
Correlation ID: e7686e43-88eb-3b05-eba7-102b2f01b3b0
Request ID: 7bb4e13c-157b-b0bd-0f9e-b2e59ca4274e
Time: Wed Aug 29 2018 10:47:24 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.6430.141
Cluster URI: https://wabi-india-west-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Regards,

Titiksha

did you try it by sign off and sign in again

Hello,

This was resolved long way back!

Thanks!

I noticed I wasn't able to publish either. I created a fyi report sending users to another report as the name of the old report got replaced by another. 

The problem seems to be caused due to a lack of tables. I hit 'enter data', filled in a 1 in the first record. Then I was able to publish the report. Weird? Yes. 

Hi,

For me also, neither the Get data option from BI service nor the Publish option from PBI desktop is working. Error as shared below - 

Couldn't load the schema for the database model
Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: 22b476ad-85ea-408e-902d-a64df14eb41b
Correlation ID: e7686e43-88eb-3b05-eba7-102b2f01b3b0
Request ID: 7bb4e13c-157b-b0bd-0f9e-b2e59ca4274e
Time: Wed Aug 29 2018 10:47:24 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.6430.141
Cluster URI: https://wabi-india-west-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Regards,

Titiksha

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Not sure if the "solved" trigger on the original post is somehow preventing a solution to be communicated with users , but this issue is preventing manual refresh of data models via publishing pbix desktop files. I have attempted publishing on two different machines, running two different versions of November updates including Version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017). Same result on both machines -> publish does NOTHING.

Is there a way to communicate what action is recommended by MS for what appears to be a very serious issue for many users?

Not sure if related to anything done by MS , but this monring after a machine reboot and different account login, successfully published a pbix file from the November .682 release to the service OK.

@pat_energetics @Rod-Average @kp_pbi @jhess @Matt_Alexander,

This issue has been submitted internally, and engineer is working on this issue. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

When this problem is plan to be resolved?

Is it possible to find the old version (October) on your site?

Best regards

Pierre

Hello,

When this problem is plan to be resolved?

Is it possible to find the old version (October) on your site?

Best regards

Pierre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 

I'm having the same issues. The Publish button does not do anything.

I have two Power BI Pro accounts on two different domains.  

On my main domain I can't publish to web any new reports. However, when I switch accounts within Power BI desktop I'm able to publish the same reports (but that's not what I want for obvious reasons)

I'm also able to get data in Power BI Service as my files are stored on OneDrive for business. I can get the dataset from there but I have to re-create the report in service (I do not want to do that as well)

Created my first ticket, 2 days ago, because of this but no response.

Good Morning

I have tried going to the Power BI Service and using ‘Get Data’ and that has worked perfectly.  What was happening was I had opened a report is PBI Desktop and then selected the ‘Publish’ option.  What happened then was I was asked to sign in which seemed to go ok.  I did not receive an error message but I did not then get any options to do with publishing (which I did previously).  If I clicked the publish button again nothing happened.  However, if I can publish by using the get data option in the Service that will be ok. 

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Rod Average

Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't seem to get the new M code and overwrite the pages. All I want to do is re-publish my PBIX file to my workspace so it will use the M code that I updated. Also, I removed a page and I the page isn't going away when I select Get Data from the Power BI service.

Any other ideas for workarounds?? Do we just need to downgrade to the October version of Power BI Desktop if we have a client waiting for us to make updates today?

Also, can someone post a link to the Connect issue reported?

I am not sure why this is marked as solved. I still get this issue and once using the store rolling back to a past version stopped becoming as easy. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.