cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcresp Member

Re: Unable to Publish to Web

I am not sure why this is marked as solved. I still get this issue and once using the store rolling back to a past version stopped becoming as easy. 

Rod-Average Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I initially marked as solved as the suggestion to use 'Get Data' in the PBI Service worked.  However, this did not work for all reports or all users.  As per my follow up response the next day.  Unfortunately it is not possible to de-select the 'Solved' option.

Regards

Rod Average

HI @Rod-Average

I have the same issue, cannot publish anything to the Power BI Service from PBI Desktop. 

Regards, 

Matt

jhess New Member

Hi. 

I have the same problem!! Does anyone has a solution or response from Microsoft?

Thanks.

Rod-Average Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have just installed the latest update (Version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit [November 2017])which is the second November update.  This has not fixed the publishing issue neither has it fixed the issue of themes not saving when a report is saved.

Regards 

Rod Average

Highlighted
kp_pbi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue !!

This renders the service completely un-usable....

Some help please MS ??

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Not sure if the "solved" trigger on the original post is somehow preventing a solution to be communicated with users , but this issue is preventing manual refresh of data models via publishing pbix desktop files. I have attempted publishing on two different machines, running two different versions of November updates including Version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017). Same result on both machines -> publish does NOTHING.

Is there a way to communicate what action is recommended by MS for what appears to be a very serious issue for many users?

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

@pat_energetics @Rod-Average @kp_pbi @jhess @Matt_Alexander,

This issue has been submitted internally, and engineer is working on this issue. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nhol Member

Hello,

I just downloaded the latest version of Power BI (as I do every month) and since then the "Publish" button stopped initiating the publish process.

I have another machine with Power BI installed and with an earlier version so I went there and publish my report from there and it worked fine. However, after installing on that machine the latest version as well, it also stopped working...

any idea if this is a broad issue with the latest version of Power BI???

Thanks!

Nir

Jared-S Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Just putting in that I'm having this issue as well with the latest update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 135 members 1,758 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: