Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

artc

Unable to Publish to Dashboard

Since the last update I have been unable to use the Publish button. I can sometimes click it & it says "Publishing..." but nothing actually happens and when I hit Cancel I am just stuck on that window with the wheel spinning saying Cancelling... with nothing actually happening.

i have a work around by going to my Dashboard and clicking Get Data, but finding it really frustrating with my desktop essentially frozen. 

Is there a way to fix this or will Microsoft be fixing this in the next update?

Thanks,

Amanda.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've logged a similar problem but haven't been able to get a fiddler trace to occur the same time as my issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Publishing-Live-Connected-datasets-sometimes-cause-Power-BI/...

Something you may not have tried.  When you publish, got onto the service and confirm that the report update has occured.  When this has occured to me, it looks like the publish is successful but Power BI Desktop isn't being told, so it hangs forever.  It probably can't cancel either, because the service has moved on.

Using Task Manager to close Power BI is all I could do, but at least the publish happens.

Thanks Ross,

Yes. I have since discovered that is exactly what is happening. I was hoping it might be possible to have this issue resolved in a way that did not involve me having to go to Task Manager to close PBI file. I'm guessing this may require a software update??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't hurt to get your software updated.  I've experienced this problem a lot less now, but it still occasionally happens.  Thats a pain for updating the logged issue of course as i don't always have fiddler open when i do a publish.

Thanks Ross,

Yes. I have since discovered that is exactly what is happening. I was hoping it might be possible to have this issue resolved in a way that did not involve me having to go to Task Manager to close PBI file. I'm guessing this may require a software update??

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.