Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mjohnsonuk
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Get Correct Percentage when Filter is applied

Hi All,

I am having an issue getting the correct %

in the main body of the calculations they dont seem right and the totals when I apply a filter, I dont understand why the % does not auto amend when applying the filter

I have 3 columns

1.      Count DVS Referral = CALCULATE(count('Case'[CaseNumber]),'Case'[Eng_Request__c]="DVS Referral")

2.      Count DVS Saved = CALCULATE(count('Case'[CaseNumber]),'Case'[call_type]<>"DVS Referral")

3.      DVS Saved % = DIVIDE([Count DVS Saved],COUNT('Case'[Count DVS Referral]))*100

Pics Attached

Thank you in Advance

unfiltered - correct totalsunfiltered - correct totalsfiltered - incorrect totalsfiltered - incorrect totals

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mjohnsonuk,

Both [Count DVS Referral] and [Count DVS Saved] seem to be calculated column. I would suggest you create measures instead.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Don't times it by 100, just change the formatting of the measure in the modelling tab to a percentage and pick your decimal places from there

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mjohnsonuk,

Both [Count DVS Referral] and [Count DVS Saved] seem to be calculated column. I would suggest you create measures instead.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you - I changed the calculations to sit in a "New Measure", then I used the formula:

DIVIDE(   [value to divide]   ,   [value total ]   )   *100   as you would in a normal "excel" calculation and it works fine - although I dont seem to be able to get the numbers to decimal places - any ideas??

TIA

Don't times it by 100, just change the formatting of the measure in the modelling tab to a percentage and pick your decimal places from there

popov
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello, @mjohnsonuk
I think, your formula of DVS Saved % isn't correct not only totals - for December 2017 DVS Saved % = 9/89 = 10.11%

I think, correct formula below
DVS Saved % = DIVIDE( [Count DVS Saved], [Count DVS Referral] )

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.