cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattEifert
Regular Visitor

Unable to Edit Credentials after publishing using Postgres data with a Port number.

I'm using PostgreSQL data (directly from Improvado) that gives me a connection to Power BI using a host, port, database, username, and password. I used all of the information to get the data into the Power BI Desktop with no issues and published it to the server.

Now that the report is in the server, I can't set up a scheduled refresh because of the credentials. Here is the error I'm getting:

MattEifert_0-1638483844847.png

I know that the username and password are correct, but I can't figure out why it won't accept the credentials. I'm guessing it's because the port number isn't included anywhere? How do I add in the port number to the credential validation?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
MattEifert
Regular Visitor

No luck there. I tried Server:port as well as server/port in the server name field but neither worked. I have also tried a few other iterations with no success.

MattEifert
Regular Visitor

@StefanoGrimaldi  How would I go about doing that?

look for the server domain name and in the user put somethinlike: 

domain/username

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

StefanoGrimaldi
Super User
Super User

some times the source request a domain to be specify to get in line with the credential for that server

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 768x460.jpg

Check it out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, May 26 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!