Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tammylevasseur

Unable to Connect to SQL Server

I have discussed this connection with our IT department and they have provided me with the correct server.  Two days ago I was able to connect and look at the tables but then the next time i tried I got the following error.

Unable to Connect

We encountered an error while trying to connect.

Detail:"An errror happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could no tloadk file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.  Either a required impersonation level was not provided or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)'"

Has anyone encountered this error before and what was the solution?

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @tammylevasseur ,

This is a problem related to SQL Server driver, I would suggest you installing the SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) on the same machine and try again.

Besides, please try to repair the .net framework installed on your machine. You can download it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.