Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Connect to MySQL database

I tried to connect to MySQL database. It gives the following error. Any help please?

When I select to SQL

Error Screenshot.JPG

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solve with previous version of connector.

mysql-connector-net-8.0.16.msi

Thanks !!!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

Hi Nagesh, it is a high-level recomendation because I do not know more about the setup.  First before uninstalling the entire program MySQL, try install this again:

mysql-connector-net-8.0.16.msi

it is the link to download the connector version 8.0.16. The version 17, its the one giving problems for some mates. Good luck!

I had the same problem with 8.0.17. I uninstalled it, and installed 8.0.16.  No Errors.

Same issue. Also solved with 8.0.16. Thanks 🙂

@Anonymous  Thanks It works 🙂

Hi @Anonymous ,

I am getting some different error while connecting to MySQL workbench database. Please guide me to remove this error.

ERROR:--    "MySQL: Fatal error encountered during data read."

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tahreem24 You may need to click on the "Show Details" button to see the specific error message. 

HI @Anonymous ,

Thanks for that information, error went away.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

problem is gone. 

Thanks

Andyrice

Same problem here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here.

Connection to mysql is not working on PowerBI desktop, PBI gateway or even by PowerQuery in excel. All three returns same error about renci.sshnet dll.

Latest version of .Net and mysql connectors installed.

Related post:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/MySQL-Connection-via-PowerBI-Gateway-returns-odd-error/m-p/...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.

Tried reinstalling both PowerBi and mysql-connector and issue stills exists.

Julien_V

Same issue here... Latest MySQL Connector and PowerBI Desktop...

MoritzP
Frequent Visitor

same issue here. it worked this morning on both desktop and app service, now it broke on both.

I tried reinstalling Power BI Desktop as well as the MYSQL Connector multiple times.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This version of MySQL Connector fixed the problem for me : https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=278885

Smile_Park

I also have problem same as you.

I tried with latest Mysql connector and Mysql version 5.x and 8.x. It didn't work 

Please let me know if someone has a solution.

Twentytwo

I have the same issue here. Using the latest Mysql connector doesn't solve the error. 

Does anyone know how to solve it? 

Thanks a lot!

humoon88
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this same problem - but it is on the PowerBI App service.

The local desktop connects just fine.

Make sure you have the most up-to-date MySQL Connectors. Maybe that will help.

I'm unsure how to address this error o App.powerbi.com however.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.