cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmandadapu

Unable to Connect to Amazon RedShift

This error shows me like below,

We encountered an error while trying to connect

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)
Is the server running on host "my-test-domain.cn8gkyrq7yfd.us-east-1.redshift.amazonaws.com" (34.198.218.185) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5439?

It is connecting sometimes and it is saying like this sometimes, Even if it is connected it's not showing my tables in redshift. I don;t know whether this is fully developed a plug-in or still in Development stage. 

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft

Re: Unable to Connect to Amazon RedShift

Hi @rmandadapu,

Amazon Redshift connector should be generally available since 2017-June release. See Amazon Redshift connector is now generally available

Based on my research, the could be a network issues. Here is the similar thread for your reference. Smiley Happy 

After a few days of testing, we have found that these have been network issues for within the office - we have some serious IP issues ongoing and as a result, switching the datasource did not help. I even created a new pbix file to use MYSQL database but refresh did not go through, whereas at home, i was able to run it without a hitch. 

I have now resolved this by actually switching out from a desktop to a windows server on aws, and a couple of days in and the refresh runs well and takes less one third the time is used to - barring some import errors while publishing which persisted last night, i think this solution is working well 

Regards

cindymao
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. How did you solve this?

mahdigrace

Attempt to connect once then go to File==>Options and Setting ==>Data Source Settings select the Redshift connection then click Edit Permissions Change uncheck the encryption and change the privacy level to Public

aws.png

afk Helper II
Helper II

Hi @cindymao

I know this is an old thread, but did the suggested solution fix your issue? 

I'm also experiencing the same and the suggestion didn't work for me.

afk

Kelly_Nare

Hi, 

I please wanted to find out if you managed to connect? 

Editing permisions didn't work out for me.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors