Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rmandadapu

Unable to Connect to Amazon RedShift

This error shows me like below,

We encountered an error while trying to connect

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060)
Is the server running on host "my-test-domain.cn8gkyrq7yfd.us-east-1.redshift.amazonaws.com" (34.198.218.185) and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5439?

It is connecting sometimes and it is saying like this sometimes, Even if it is connected it's not showing my tables in redshift. I don;t know whether this is fully developed a plug-in or still in Development stage. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

We are facing same issue  - when connecting Amazon Redshift datbase from AWS Ec2 instance it is working fine.

when we are trying to connect from Windows Operating systems we are facing the below error ?

Srinivas576_0-1606994781016.png

we are helpless on how to proceed further from here ?

Kelly_Nare

Hi, 

I please wanted to find out if you managed to connect? 

Editing permisions didn't work out for me.

Thanks

mahdigrace

Attempt to connect once then go to File==>Options and Setting ==>Data Source Settings select the Redshift connection then click Edit Permissions Change uncheck the encryption and change the privacy level to Public

aws.png

cindymao
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. How did you solve this?

Hi @cindymao

I know this is an old thread, but did the suggested solution fix your issue? 

I'm also experiencing the same and the suggestion didn't work for me.

afk

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rmandadapu,

Amazon Redshift connector should be generally available since 2017-June release. See Amazon Redshift connector is now generally available

Based on my research, the could be a network issues. Here is the similar thread for your reference. Smiley Happy 

After a few days of testing, we have found that these have been network issues for within the office - we have some serious IP issues ongoing and as a result, switching the datasource did not help. I even created a new pbix file to use MYSQL database but refresh did not go through, whereas at home, i was able to run it without a hitch. 

I have now resolved this by actually switching out from a desktop to a windows server on aws, and a couple of days in and the refresh runs well and takes less one third the time is used to - barring some import errors while publishing which persisted last night, i think this solution is working well 

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.