PowerBIWhat
Helper I
Helper I

USERELATONSHIP help

Hi,

I have created a measure that looks like

Measure = CALCULATE(
COUNT('Product Schedule'[Product ID]),
USERELATIONSHIP('Product Schedule'[Shipping date],'Date table'[FullDate])
)

I'm using it in a report page with many visuals all filtered on Full date which I have as a slicer for the user to change. I want the measure to count the product id's based on the full date selected. There is another required relationship which is why I need the USERELATIONSHIP to do this.

The problem I have is that when I filter on a full date, it only filters items that were shipped on the first of the filtered month rather than what I want which is all shipped items for the filtered month.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kalyj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIWhat ,

According to your description, I create a sample, the relationship of Shipping date and FullDate is inactive.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638346261173.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1638346261175.png

This is the measure code:

Measure = CALCULATE(
)

When I don’t put measure into the product visual, it only show the first product as you say.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638786394288.png

When I put them in the same visual, it get the correct result, I think it’s because the relationship is only active with the measure, so it has to be putted in.

vkalyjmsft_3-1638346261179.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-kalyj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIWhat ,

According to your description, I create a sample, the relationship of Shipping date and FullDate is inactive.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638346261173.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1638346261175.png

This is the measure code:

Measure = CALCULATE(
)

When I don’t put measure into the product visual, it only show the first product as you say.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638786394288.png

When I put them in the same visual, it get the correct result, I think it’s because the relationship is only active with the measure, so it has to be putted in.

vkalyjmsft_3-1638346261179.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mh2587
Super User
Super User

CALCULATE(count([product id]), USERELATIONSHIP(productschedule[shipping date], Date table[FullDate]))

Muhammad Hasnain

#LetsConnect https://www.linkedin.com/in/hasnain2587/

This didn't work. Does it make a difference using only the column name in the count?

That is the only difference I could spot. Unless I'm being blind.

Helpful resources

Announcements
September Update

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the September 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 26

Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, September 29 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors