Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIWhat
Helper I
Helper I

USERELATONSHIP help

Hi,

I have created a measure that looks like

Measure = CALCULATE(
COUNT('Product Schedule'[Product ID]),
USERELATIONSHIP('Product Schedule'[Shipping date],'Date table'[FullDate])
)

I'm using it in a report page with many visuals all filtered on Full date which I have as a slicer for the user to change. I want the measure to count the product id's based on the full date selected. There is another required relationship which is why I need the USERELATIONSHIP to do this.

The problem I have is that when I filter on a full date, it only filters items that were shipped on the first of the filtered month rather than what I want which is all shipped items for the filtered month.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIWhat ,

According to your description, I create a sample, the relationship of Shipping date and FullDate is inactive.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638346261173.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1638346261175.png

This is the measure code:

Measure = CALCULATE(
)

When I don’t put measure into the product visual, it only show the first product as you say.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638786394288.png

When I put them in the same visual, it get the correct result, I think it’s because the relationship is only active with the measure, so it has to be putted in.

vkalyjmsft_3-1638346261179.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIWhat ,

According to your description, I create a sample, the relationship of Shipping date and FullDate is inactive.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638346261173.png

vkalyjmsft_1-1638346261175.png

This is the measure code:

Measure = CALCULATE(
)

When I don’t put measure into the product visual, it only show the first product as you say.

vkalyjmsft_0-1638786394288.png

When I put them in the same visual, it get the correct result, I think it’s because the relationship is only active with the measure, so it has to be putted in.

vkalyjmsft_3-1638346261179.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mh2587
Super User
Super User

CALCULATE(count([product id]), USERELATIONSHIP(productschedule[shipping date], Date table[FullDate]))

Muhammad Hasnain

#LetsConnect https://www.linkedin.com/in/hasnain2587/

This didn't work. Does it make a difference using only the column name in the count?

That is the only difference I could spot. Unless I'm being blind.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.