Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Hebj
Frequent Visitor

USERELATIONSHIP with text column

Im trying to filter a text-kolumn in a dimension-table based on a non-active relationship between two tables. Ive googled, searched this forum and tried to figure this out for myself for several hours but no luck so far so hopefully someone here can give me a hint on how to solve this.
To demonstrate my problem lets say I have four tables:

MonthTableBase
MonthBaseKey MonthBase
1                       2018-01
2                       2018-02

MonthTableCompare
MonthKey     MonthCompare
1                   2018-01
2                   2018-02

FactOrder
MonthKey   CustomerKey
1                  1
1                  2
2                  1
2                  3

DimCustomer
CustomerKey      CustomerName
1                         Jane
2                         John
3                         Frank

I want to create two slicers - MonthBaseName Och MonthCompare and then list the CustomerName for the respecive selection in two separate tables.
When selecting 2018-01 in the first slicer i want a table showing Jane and John in two separate rows and at the same time I want to select 2018-02 in the second slicer and have another table listing Jane and Frank. I can get it to work if I want to count the distinct CustomerNames from the selection but it wont work when I try to list the names.

(I need to read from this Fact-table since me databasemodel is a lot more complicated then this and I have several measures on that fact-table and its surrounding dimension-tables so creating a copy just to be able to show the names correctly is not the solution for me.)

How can I do this in Power BI?
2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hebj,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Hebj,

Please check out the demo in the attachment. You just need to active the "Edit interactions". Please refer to the snapshot below.

USERELATIONSHIP-with-text-column

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.