Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

USERELATIONSHIP with multiple columns

For the god sake, help!

I have a table called 'Grade Checkin' and in this table there is this columns [Serviço], [Data], [Serviço.ID1] and [Serviço.ID2].

[Serviço] should be a number, but is possible to get 2 numbers in this value between a "/". The value "123/456" is a kind of. If it is 123/456 in [Serviço] and date is [05/28/2019], we got "05/28/2019-123" as [Serviço.ID1] and "05/28/2019-456" as [Serviço.ID2].

In my second table called ' Passagens Sing' I have a column named [Serviço.ID].

In this case, there is always only one number in column [Serviço], so we have just a [Serviço.ID] column. We might have a row with value "05/28/2019-123" and a row with value "05/28/2019-456" in the same column.

Values in 'Passagens Sing'[Serviço.ID] can match with [Serviço.ID1] or [Serviço.ID2] in 'Grade Checkin" table. These tables are not related.

I need a measure in 'Grade Checkin' that count rows in 'Passagens Sing' wich match values in this way: [Serviço.ID] is equal to [Serviço.ID1] or equal to [Serviço.ID2]

I have this:

.Checkin Etrip = CALCULATE(
    CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(
        FILTER(
        'Passagens Sing';
        [Check-in]="Checkin e-trip"
    ));
    USERELATIONSHIP('Grade Checkin'[Serviço.ID1];'Passagens Sing'[Serviço.ID]);
    ALL('Grade Checkin'[Lançamento])
);
USERELATIONSHIP('Grade Checkin'[Serviço.ID2];'Passagens Sing'[Serviço.ID])
)

But if I use this in a table with [Serviço] I don't get a correct result. Table total is correct, but row values is not. In rows table the only values showed is for [Serviço.ID1].

Screenshot_5.png

For example: Serviço value 236/237 should result in 31. 7 for 236 plus 24 for 237.

Please.

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

When you have nested calculates like this and the two USERELATIONSHIP functions affect the same two tables what happens is that Power BI will not use both relationships, instead the inner calculate function will override the outer one. The fix for this would be to just add the results of the two relationships together

eg.

.Checkin Etrip = 
    CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(
        FILTER(
        'Passagens Sing';
    ));
    USERELATIONSHIP('Grade Checkin'[Serviço.ID1];'Passagens Sing'[Serviço.ID]);
    ALL('Grade Checkin'[Lançamento])
)
+
CALCULATE(
    COUNTROWS(
        FILTER(
        'Passagens Sing';
    ));
USERELATIONSHIP('Grade Checkin'[Serviço.ID2];'Passagens Sing'[Serviço.ID])
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.