Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NZCraig
Helper I
Helper I

USERELATIONSHIP with a Table visualisation

Hi,

I have seen a few questions regarding USERELATIONSHIP and tables but not sure they quite answer what I am looking for. I have a measure that uses an inactive relationship between my date and fact table to get a count of orders due by week displayed in a stacked column chart.

I would like the use this chart to dynamically filter a table visualisation to show the corresponding order numbers and descriptions, however the table displays the orders using the active relationship, and so displays the wrong order numbers, as the active relations between the date and fact table is a different date range.

I can get the table to work by adding the measure as a column, but is it possible to do so without needing to add the extra column?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You would need to use a measure in the to-be-filtered visual that also uses USERELATIONSHIP to get that behavior (either in the visual or in a measure used to filter that visual).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You would need to use a measure in the to-be-filtered visual that also uses USERELATIONSHIP to get that behavior (either in the visual or in a measure used to filter that visual).

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Thanks @mahoneypat ,

Not sure if this is just a quirky thing or not, but by adding +0 to the end of my measure the table now seems to work as required without adding the column. However thanks for confirming that I might need to add the column if I still get get errors occuring.

Craig

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.