Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

suzsword
Frequent Visitor

USERELATIONSHIP help - measure not using the relationship

I have a problem with the context being lost when calculating measures. I've attached the relationship that is being used.

RelationshipRelationship

I have two measures (Today's Value and Yesterday's Value) created that include USERELATIONSHIP so that the inactive relationship is used.

Today's Value = CALCULATE(SUM('pds V_BOPD'[BOPD]),
FILTER('pds V_BOPD', 'pds V_BOPD'[full_date]=DATEVALUE("21-feb-2019")), USERELATIONSHIP( 'pds V_BOPD'[field] , DimFieldList[Fieldname])
)

I then created another measure that indicates whether there is an increase or decrease in values and shows a coloured circle depending on the value. 

Arrows = SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    ISBLANK([Yesterday's Value]), BLANK() & "Missing Data",
    ISBLANK([Today's Value]), BLANK() & "Missing Data", 
    [Today's Value] = [Yesterday's Value], CONCATENATE(UNICHAR(9898) ," No Change"), 
    [Today's Value] > [Yesterday's Value], CONCATENATE(UNICHAR(128309), " Increase"), 
    [Today's Value] < [Yesterday's Value], CONCATENATE(UNICHAR(128308), " Decrease"), 
    BLANK() )

As soon as I add the Arrows measure, the results are basically showing a cartesian product, where each field is showing against each site.  What am I missing?

Correct Results - without Arrows MeasureCorrect Results - without Arrows Measure

Results when Arrows measure is used - every field is showing with every siteResults when Arrows measure is used - every field is showing with every site
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@suzsword  if you remove the site code, it removes the cartesian, the issue is because you dont have a relationship on the table that has site code, therefore it returns everything

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@suzsword  any chance you can share the file?  or provide some data?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

You should be able to get the file from Here

Changing the order of the USERELATIONSHIP function made no difference. 

Thanks

Susan

@suzsword  if you remove the site code, it removes the cartesian, the issue is because you dont have a relationship on the table that has site code, therefore it returns everything

@vanessafvg I have similar problem but i have got relationship defined but still receiving cartesian product output. 

Once i remove the measure with function - it works with direct column but not with the measure with function. 

Please advise. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-is-Off/m-p/710786#M343188

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.