Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

USA only Map

Hi All,

I am having a filled map and i am trying to show that map only focus to the United States (US alone). That map should only show up US. How toachieve that?

If we have any other visuals apart from Filled Map then that also works for me. Please help me on this to achieve the Map only focuses to US.

Thanks in Advance

Prakash M

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it is not just filtering the map to US but to remove any other continents and countries.
it should be like shape map but with cpadilities to drilldown from State>City. Is this possible to achieve in power BI

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Hope you are doing well.

Is there anything we can help? 

To help others find helpful answer quickly, could you mark the solution helpful? Thanks 🙂

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , both shape map and fill map should do that.

@Anonymous , In the filled map I switched off the auto zoom and then zoomed(by double click) it on USA and saved it. The shape map can be USA only. I have taken usa states there

Try if that can work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks for your response.

Could you please let me know on how to achieve that in Fill Map?

Thanks

Prakash M

Hi Prakash.
In order to show data only for US, you can select 'US' in your filter pane.

SanketBhagwat_0-1635837451449.png

Click on 'US' and unclick other countries.

If this post helps, then mark it as 'Accept as Solution' so that it could help others.

Regards,
Sanket

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

But unfortunately  i dont have a column name called "Country".

Do we have any default option in Mapitself to show US Data?

Regards,

Prakash M

Hi @Anonymous 

Since you dont have a column called "Country", then what's your data? maybe you can write a measure to set visual level filter. 

As for default loction, you create an idea for it in https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/search-ideas/?q=map%20default%20location to improve PowerBI. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.