Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

URLs Power Bi Desktop

Hi Experts

How do you do the following "

Say you're working in Power BI Desktop. You want to create a report that has links to other Power BI reports, but you want to show only some of the information in the other reports. First, filter the reports using query string parameters and save the URLs. Next, create a table in Desktop with these new report URLs. Then publish and share the report."

is this say that you u change the URLs in your un published reports as you see fit, then copy those URLs into a table on desktop, publish that new report in Power BI Services and the end user clicks on the urls link to view the report.

? if yes

say you embeded the table into a web page or portal, can you pull back the report into the iframe window - same area as where the table used to sit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

It can be achieved by measures.

Report URL = "https://msit.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/xxxxxxx/ReportSection"

Report Filter = IF(ISFILTERED(Table3[Column1]),[Report URL]&"?filter=" & "Output/Employee" & " eq " &"'" & SELECTEDVALUE(Table3[Column1]) & "'",[Report URL])

1.PNG2.PNG

Replace the report URL, table name, column name with your own values in above measure formulas.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes. Firstly, you should generate a new URL by appending query string parameter to it to filter a specific report which has been published to service. Copy that URL into a table, set its data category to "Web URL" so that it will be dispalyed as a link in table visual. Alternatively, you can directly insert a Textbox to show that URL.

1.PNG

Publishing and sharing this new report in Power BI Service, end users can jump to the related reports by clicking the links.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yuilian Gu, firstly thanks for the excellent feedback as always. here is a silly question. Can you make the url dynamic show - say if i filtered on a slicer that change is reflected in the URL i.e. we have a updated URL to reflect the action i have just preformed..

Hi @Anonymous ,

It can be achieved by measures.

Report URL = "https://msit.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/xxxxxxx/ReportSection"

Report Filter = IF(ISFILTERED(Table3[Column1]),[Report URL]&"?filter=" & "Output/Employee" & " eq " &"'" & SELECTEDVALUE(Table3[Column1]) & "'",[Report URL])

1.PNG2.PNG

Replace the report URL, table name, column name with your own values in above measure formulas.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yuiliana Work prefectly, many thanks. going to post another follow up question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.