Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Narukkp
Helper V
Helper V

URL parameters giving this filter came from a query string parameter that was added to a report url

Hi Team,

I have one detail report and it is developed by using power bi desktop and deployed in power bi workspace. I have another summary report and it is created by using report builder and now I am trying to pass detail power bi service report in this summary report using Action—Go to URL option but it is not passing summary filters to power bi service detail report. It is giving warning in detail report like “this filter came from a query string parameter that was added to a report url" .

I have given expression as bellow

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/3343f374-5faf-4b28-a156-9f83946a0b5b/reports

/87c1bebe-40b7-47ae-8f4f-707882da9216/ReportSection?Filter=Page1/Group eq ‘R1’

Please let me know is there any mistake on above expression and how to pass summary report parameter value to detail service report

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Narukkp 

According to my test, the case of the letters in the link also affects whether the URL filter works, you can see my screenshot:

The URL filter can’t work when I used “?Filter=”

v-robertq-msft_0-1615359910509.png

The URL filter worked when I used “?filter=”

v-robertq-msft_1-1615359910514.png

As a result, I suggest you to change the expression like this:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/3343f374-5faf-4b28-a156-9f83946a0b5b/reports/87c1bebe-40b7-47ae-8f4f-...

Then you should also check if the case of the letters in your table name and column name are correct.

Regarding to how to pass summary report parameter value to detail service report, I think your method that uses “Web URL” button can work according to my test. You can just skip the warning and continue if it’s possible. But you should gurantee the browser your link jumped to has signed in with the correct account.

v-robertq-msft_2-1615359910521.png

More info about Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

You can download my test pbix file here

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Narukkp 

According to my test, the case of the letters in the link also affects whether the URL filter works, you can see my screenshot:

The URL filter can’t work when I used “?Filter=”

v-robertq-msft_0-1615359910509.png

The URL filter worked when I used “?filter=”

v-robertq-msft_1-1615359910514.png

As a result, I suggest you to change the expression like this:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/3343f374-5faf-4b28-a156-9f83946a0b5b/reports/87c1bebe-40b7-47ae-8f4f-...

Then you should also check if the case of the letters in your table name and column name are correct.

Regarding to how to pass summary report parameter value to detail service report, I think your method that uses “Web URL” button can work according to my test. You can just skip the warning and continue if it’s possible. But you should gurantee the browser your link jumped to has signed in with the correct account.

v-robertq-msft_2-1615359910521.png

More info about Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL

You can download my test pbix file here

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Any one having idea about how to pass multi selection paramter value in action hyperlink in report builder

Hi,

@v-robertq-msft  do u have any idea about how to pass the multivalues to url pameter expression when we select the multi value in parmeter selection. Below code is working fine for parameter single selection 

="https://app.powerbi.com/groups/3343f374-5faf-4b28-a156-9f83946a0b5b/reports/c201a30b-6f92-4aa9-bf0b-... eq '" & Parameters!Group.Label(0) & "' and Dim_Corp_Hier/Area eq '" & Parameters!Area.Label(0) & "' and Dim_Corp_Hier/Business_x0020_Unit eq '" & Parameters!BU.Label(0) & "' and Dim_Corp_Hier/Division eq '" & Parameters!Div.Label(0) & "'
and Dim_Corp_Hier/Line_x0020_of_x0020_Business eq '" & Fields!cur_lob_category.Value & "'
and Dim_Sales_Activity_Hier/Report_x0020_Level_x0020_1 eq '" & Fields!lvl_1.Value & "'
and Dim_Sales_Activity_Hier/Report_x0020_Level_x0020_2 eq '" & Fields!lvl_2.Value & "'
and Dim_Sales_Activity_Hier/Report_x0020_Level_x0020_3 eq '" & Fields!lvl_3.Value & "'
and Dim_Sales_Activity_Hier/Report_x0020_Level_x0020_4 eq '" & Fields!lvl_4.Value & "'
and Dim_Sales_Activity_Hier/Report_x0020_Level_x0020_5 eq '" & Fields!lvl_5.Value & "'
"

Perfect it is working. filter keyword is case senstive Thank you so much @v-robertq-msft ......

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.