Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cbutler
Helper III
Helper III

URL image isnt displaying from a sharepoint list

Hi, I have connected data from a sharepoint list where we have got a column to select people within the organisation. 

Im Power BI I have expanded the column and selected the profile image which is displayed as a url. When this is in the table or visual though this is only displaying as an image icon. 

I have changed the Data category to Image URL? What am I doing wrong? 

image error 3.PNGimage error2.PNGImage error.PNG

Any help appriciated 

10 REPLIES 10
henryzf
Frequent Visitor

Hi Cbutler, Have you fixed this issue? if Yes, Could you please share how to display it in Power BI report.

Sorry @henryzf  I didn't find a solution in the end and wen't a different way with my design on this one.

Thank you Cbutler

PREVIEW

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Cbutler 

When you want to desplay Image you have to change it to Image URL from WebURL

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

@VijayP  Yes I have selected ImageURL, I added the WebURL too so you could see what I was connecting to. 

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Cbutler Your data category should be Image URL which is what you have selected in your data. Please check if URL is working fine as there might be some special character causing URL not to work. Even if you share your PBIX file with us we may not have access to the images to test it out at our end.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

Hi @negi007

I have checked the URL and its working fine, this is what I get if I convert to WebURL and click the link, so I know the link is fine. Yes no point in sharing the file as you need to be on our network to have access to view this information. 😞

image url.PNG

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Cbutler Acutally i worked on the similar kind of data here in one my project. i was able to load images perfectly here.

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

@negi007  Can you remember if you had to do anything different to get them to display? 

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Cbutler below might help you

• The image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg
  • The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-images-tables#considerations

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.