Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rumittal
Employee
Employee

URL filter values with speical character

Hi,

I am trying to use dyamically created URL fitlers in my power bi report. 

however, when my parameter value has special charactes like '&', power bi is not able to take and apply the parameter value.

For eg, for URL fitler : https://msit.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/10d98e13-2e78-4690-a4e8-c295f15c8671/ReportSectiondc120b8... eq 'Outlook & Office 365 Shared'

It doesnt understand & and takes only 'Outlook

could you please help with , if there is a different way to pass such characters, even in Parameter value field ?

3 REPLIES 3
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rumittal  You need to use the Unicode for the special characters. In this case use _x0026_ for &

eq 'Outlook'_x0026_'Office 365 Shared'

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

@PattemManohar, Thanks for the response! 

Is there a way to replace such characters with their Unicode through some function ? 

As the URL parameter values will be coming from DB, it would be difficult to predict or hardcode each and every instance .

@PattemManohar, The suggestion doesnt seem to be working for me -- giving eq 'Outlook'_x0026_'Office 365 Shared' , it not able to convert & in value to _x0026_ 

does this unicode logic hold for Fitler values also or only for fitler column/table names ? Is there any other alternative?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.