Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

belightwavre
Regular Visitor

URL Filters removed by bookmarks

Hello,

I made a report wich is embebed in a https web site and filter by URL when called.

In this report, I use 2 bookmarks to apply/remove one filter on another field this the one filter by URL.

The bookmarks are defined whith the options DATA/DISPLAY/ALL VISUALS to handle both the filters and the display of the buttons related to the bookmarks.

My problem :

As soon as I use one of those bookmarks, the filters related to the bookmarks in the PBIX file are applied "from scratch" to the data and not ontop of the filter in the URL so that the filter in the URL is no more applied and all the hidden data are visible !!!

Of course my goal was that the filters of the URL was ALWAYS applied to the report.

I saw this thread https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Bookmarks-remove-report-level-filter/m-p/294761#M34464 but in their case, they only adapt VISUALS.

In my case, the bookmarks have to filter the data on a column and remove this filter, always keeping the URL filter (on another column) active.

How to achieve this ? 

Thx

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @belightwavre 

As the URL filter is like a report level filter on the whole report (Filter on all pages), you can set up this filter in the report in advance, and lock and hide it. Then create bookmarks on the page. In this way, this filter can always be active and won't be removed by bookmarks. 

vjingzhang_1-1663137158777.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Hi @v-jingzhang,

I can't set the filter in advance because the parameter differ according to the contexte in our Web based CRM. So I don't know in advance the value of the parameter. I only know the column which will bo filtered on. Is there a way to "store" the filter state at startup and restore it later ... ?

Hi @belightwavre 

I'm not sure currently. I need to do some test on it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.