Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rbiswas
Frequent Visitor

URGENT Problem facing in opening a power bi report for Jun and July update

Hi,

I am facing an issue in opening a power BI report in June and July update. The moment I update the May version of Power BI to June or July Version, the Power BI throws an error as shown below. 

Capture.JPG

Surprisingly, the moment I downgrade the Power BI to May version, the file is opening properly with no issue.

Please help me in this regard since I need to include some functionality from the June/July updates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

So... real challenge then... 

Could you copy your formula that is causing the issue? Also, I'd try erasing that column with the older version of power bi, open the new version and then try to create that same column... idk if it would work  Smiley Frustrated

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @rbiswas

What is the measure that is causing the error?

It would appear that the measure is not returning a single value as selected.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

I have used a chicklet slicer whose Forced selection option is ON and Multiple selections option is OFF. 

Surprisingly, it is working fine in May version ( I uninstall the June/July Version and then reinstall the May version) 

The main problem is that the error is throwing while opening the report, so there is no way for me to look for the error in the report itself (While working in June/July Version)

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

By any chance, does that meassure reffer to multiple tables?

I had a similar problem once, I was using the date to set relationships between tables, and with the upgrades, switched from spanish format to english, so... all messed up 😄

Hi @Salvador,

Yes, the measure which is reading the selection of my chicklet slicer is used in multiple tables.   fortunately, I have the May version downloaded in my system, otherwise even I do not know what mess can happen. 

Also, I need to transfer the ownership to somebody else.  Now if this problem persists then even I do not know whats should i do about this

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

Then, the issue could be related to the relationships between tables, could you check the active relationships? As it wont tell you at first wich one is causing the issue, you might need to edit each relationship, and check if it will allow you to click on "ok".

Hi 

But the problem is the report is not opening at all since it only shows the error.

Do you want me to open the report in the May version and check the relationship?

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

If you can open it in the may version, then "un-tick" the "active" boxes for all the relationships, then... on the new version, try to set them to active ^^ 4.png

Hi 

Not working, Even deactivating all the relationship, it still throwing the same error.

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

Could you copy your formula that is causing the issue? Also, I'd try erasing that column with the older version of power bi, open the new version and then try to create that same column... idk if it would work  Smiley Frustrated

Hi @Salvador

Thanks a lot for your help. Smiley Happy

Finally, it works although I had to make a lot of changes in that. Smiley Frustrated

Just to underline the procedure I did to solve the issue, (if anybody else faces the same challenges)

1. In the old version (May version in my case), Delete the measure/column which is throwing the error. Save and Close it.

2. After upgrading to the New version (July version in my case), I created a new table which contains the column for the chicklet slicer along with a measure to read the selection of chicklet slicer (For example in my case it is [Read Measure]). 

(Surprisingly, there is no difference between the old and the new table, may be some sort of Bug appear during the update process)

3. Replace the old measure used in different calculation by this new measure.

Salvador
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

Could you copy your formula that is causing the issue? Also, I'd try erasing that column with the older version of power bi, open the new version and then try to create that same column... idk if it would work Smiley Frustrated

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.