Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

owenitian
Helper I
Helper I

UNDO filters in Desktop

I want to give facility for users to UNDO their filters (like Qlikview) in Power BI desktop. Please help me if anyone done it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi owenitian,

So you want to save current result by some feature, right? Bookmark will completely meet your requirement. For more details about bookmark, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Whatever2
Helper I
Helper I

There already is a button in the filter that look like an eraser wich well erase your current filter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone, 

I'm working on a dashboard where I'm using the matrix visualization to display multiple columns from a data set. While testing the visualization, we have found some bad data which we have excluded from the visualization. However, we have not found a way to undo the exclusion which we want to provide as a function to the end user. I've looked at the visualization and the eraser icon is not present. 

Any ideas on how to undo an exclusion within the matrix visualization under these circumstances?

Thanks again for the assist, 

Indraneel Dutt

@Whatever2 I don't want to clear the filter. For eg., In Year filter, I've selected 2016 and displayed the results. After that I've selected 2017 and dispalyed the relevant results. Now, I want to display the results once again for 2016. Instead of selecting 2016 from dropdown again, I want to have a UNDO button or something like that to go back.

Hi owenitian,

So you want to save current result by some feature, right? Bookmark will completely meet your requirement. For more details about bookmark, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.