Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darrenturner

UK post code

I have a report that plots each of our sales persons location using a map.  This is plotted from there postcodes contained in the dataset.

How do I allow them to enter a postcode which will also display on the map?  I need them to be able to enter a postcode of a new account and then be able to see on the map, who the nearest sales person is.

Thanks

Darren

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @darrenturner 

I don't think it's possible currently.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darrenturner 

Not quite understand " allow them to enter a postcode which will also display on the map", if they can modify the dataset, it will display as always.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft 

I am producing the report in Power BI desktop.  I will then publish the report in the Power BI web client/app.  Our users of reports will only have access via the web client/app.  The report I publish will show a map with points plotted.  Is it possible to have a box on the published report when the user can enter a postcode, which will then plot against the current map?

Thanks

Darren

Hi @darrenturner 

I don't think it's possible currently.

quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@darrenturner , You can put Postcode in the location field , it should work

@amitchandak I don't understand what you mean.  Please provide more details.  I have sucessfully plotted postcodes on a map. How do I then allow a user to enter a new postcode to also display on the map?

Thanks

Darren

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.