Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MantasLukauskas
Frequent Visitor

Two tables joining together for visualization and slicer usage

Hi all,

Currently, I am working on one dashboard and I would like to ask you some help for it 🙂 Let's say I have 2 tables:

Table 1 contains: Date (as data variable with year and month), project number, priority, function (person working with it) and hours spent working on it

Table 2 contains: Function and capacity of hours per month

Aim: calculate the free capacity of each role (Capacity - SUM of each month worked hours for each function, draw a line chart of free capacity for each month and have the functionality to filter values by priority.

Extra: If I try SUMMARIZE Table1 values based on Date and Function and then merge with Table2 I get free capacity line chart but I do not have the functionality to filter by priority variable and that is needed 🙂 

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

If you create a new table function. From the table have most of the function name. and join it with both the tables. Now use that table (function dimension) as the table for data view by/group by

In this situation I need not only make relatioship between these two tables but also calculate "Free Capacity" as mentioned above. In other words in need to take table2 (Capacity table) and substact all values for each month from Table1. This substaction needs to be based on filtering that means if I select only one priority I need to get: Capacity - Hours (with that priority), if I select project that needs to be calculated as: Capacity - Hours (based on Project sum)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.