Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two (slider) slicers synced on same page

Hi, 

I want my two slicers to be dynamically synced when on the same page. 

They are two columns of the same table.

Romain_L_0-1625573846157.png

Romain_L_1-1625573867613.png

The problem is that once the first one is selected, the 'date' segment doesn't update, and the user is confused because they should be linked. I think this is caused by the slider himself, because a list works fine

I've checked the guy in a cube 's video but it doesn't work for the sliders. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8K4Px_6AYQ&t=192s&ab_channel=GuyinaCube

Can someone help me find a solution or a workaround ?

example pbix file : https://we.tl/t-qYDJKTCpkR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to select WeekNum slicer, then change the interactive mode to "Filter".

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share your PBIX file without sensitive data? That will help us solve the problem faster.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

i've linked a file in the main post with the illustration of the problem as you asked (i can't seem to just put the pbix file here thought, but it should be enought)

Hi @Anonymous ,

Try to select WeekNum slicer, then change the interactive mode to "Filter".

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-kkf-msft , thanks for the answer, it seams to work ... just not always.

Let say the user just picked a date in the date slicer, like this:

Romain_L_0-1625812546677.png

then your solution doesn't work anymore and selecting a week in the other slicer doesn't override the selected date's values.
I want the date field to always display the right filtered dates ...

Do your have a solution for this ?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Changing the value of the WeekNum slicer (e.g. 5) will not change the range of the Date slicer, but we can see that it will only display the date that the week number is 5.

vkkfmsft_0-1625822010847.png

If you want the Date slicer to display only the date with 5 week number, you can try to change the slicer type from Between to List.

vkkfmsft_1-1625822363861.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft  Isn't there a way to force update the slider ? i want to keep both as they are...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-kkf-msft Sorry for the retag, but do you have an answer to my last question ?

I still need my two slicers as they are, one segment and one list.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the long time no response. I have no other way to achieve your desired output in the slicer other than changing the type of date slicer to List.

If you can accept a parameter, you can try the following steps:

• Add the WeekNum column as a new query in Power Query.

vkkfmsft_0-1627020892784.png

• Remove duplicates.

vkkfmsft_2-1627021017473.png

• Create query parameters

vkkfmsft_1-1627020959957.png

• Filter the WeekNum column

vkkfmsft_4-1627021391478.png

• When you change the parameter value, once you move the slicer, the slicer's range will be updated.

vkkfmsft_5-1627021447940.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer, that is not what i want though.

Thank you for your time and help, i'm trying to find other ways to show my data that doesn't involve this problem but i think it should be a feature ...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.