Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RJPowerBI
Frequent Visitor

Two slicers slicing two tables

Hi, I have a page in my PowerBI report which shows failed KPI IT tickets. I'm displaying the data as a list in two tables. The data is held in two tables in PowerBI from an Excel spreadsheet. The two tables show tickets that have failed the maximum processing time and another tables that shows tickets that have poor customer satisfaction surveys.

I have created two tables to handle the slicers. One slicer has the week numbers and another is a heirarchy slicer with region and country. I have an active relationship many to many both directions from week numbers in the week number table to the week number in the poor customer satisfaction survey. Active relationship many to many both directions from country in the countries table to the countries in the customer satisfaction survey. Active realtionship many to many both directions from week number in the poor customer satisfaction survey to the failed processing time table.

The slicers work perfectly for the poor customer satisfaction survey table and its is filtering the failed processing time week data perfectly in the failed processing time table. I am unable to get it to filter the country in the failed processing time table.

If i create another relationship going from either the country table or poor satisfaction survey table it wont be active and therefore not filter. Is there anyway around this please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm constantly going around in circles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for replying and the tip to do sample data.

I created a new excel spreadsheet and started populating with dummy data.  I imported this in to powerbi and low and behold it worked perfectly.

I started to play with my original powerbi and it turned out the weeks worksheet was doing something funky.  I deleted the worksheet and re-created.  Deleted the weeks table in powerbi and reimported.  The relationships now automatically create and it works as I want it to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RJPowerBI ,

Could you please post some simple sample data and your desired result to have a test if possible? Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Regards

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for replying and the tip to do sample data.

I created a new excel spreadsheet and started populating with dummy data.  I imported this in to powerbi and low and behold it worked perfectly.

I started to play with my original powerbi and it turned out the weeks worksheet was doing something funky.  I deleted the worksheet and re-created.  Deleted the weeks table in powerbi and reimported.  The relationships now automatically create and it works as I want it to.

Hi @RJPowerBI ,

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, could you please mark my reply as Answered to close this topic?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.