Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two slicers based on the same column

Hello all! 
I'd like to ask how to create two slicers based on the same column. The purpose is to compare some charts based on selection in two date slicers. 

gabrielg9_1-1625206705431.png

I have two similar panels where I am comparing the same charts like in the photo. Interactions are correct, I mean selection of "week1" slicer doesn't affect on the right side panel charts, selection of "week2" slicer doesn't affect on the left side panel charts. But in this case, "Geo" slicer is not showing anything to choose. 

gabrielg9_2-1625206923683.png

How can I rebuild it to achieve all available values in "Geo" slicer? 

Report is based on one dataset.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous

Click on 'Edit interactions'.

vxulinmstf_0-1625635597371.png

Click on visual which display 'Geo', and disable interaction with other slicers.

vxulinmstf_1-1625635750104.png

Click on other slicer, and do the same as above.

vxulinmstf_2-1625635816597.png

vxulinmstf_4-1625635839960.png

For more information, you can refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tamdo95
Frequent Visitor

Hello,
You can select the week slicer(Week 1 for example), then go to Format -> Edit interactions, uncheck the the interaction with the right panel. See the image below for more details. I hope it'll help.
tamdo95_0-1625208954469.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

my issue is to have no values in "Geo" slicer when I am choosing anything in week slicers. 
When I have different dates in slicers, "Geo" slicer is empty. When I am choosing the same date in both slicers, I have possible values in "Geo" slicer. 

Because "GEO" slicer have interactions with the two date slicers at the same time. So if you have two different dates, you have zero value in "GEO" slicer 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any solution to fix it? To have any values in "Geo" slicer? If not, how can I build report to compare panels within selected date and still have possibility to filter by any other fields (i.e Geo) ?

Hi @Anonymous

Click on 'Edit interactions'.

vxulinmstf_0-1625635597371.png

Click on visual which display 'Geo', and disable interaction with other slicers.

vxulinmstf_1-1625635750104.png

Click on other slicer, and do the same as above.

vxulinmstf_2-1625635816597.png

vxulinmstf_4-1625635839960.png

For more information, you can refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.