Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Two rows show in the src db, Advanced Editor, Desktop tbl but NOT showing in the table visual - why?

Hi,

I'm puzzled here.

I have the below dataset in my source db (it's not identical but close enough for this example):

Time                           User               Company               Document               DocType               Code
17/07/17 23:05:00      admin            EGL11                    test.doc                   doc                       123

26/01/17 16:48:00      Amy               BB123                    whiteboard.png      png                       987

26/01/17 16:48:00      Amy               BB123                    work.xlsm               xlsm                      987

17/07/17 23:05:00      admin            EGL11                    test.doc                   doc                       123

When viewing the table content in the Power BI Query Editor it has the exact same dataset as above.

When viewing the table content in the Power BI Desktop it has the exact same dataset as above.

However, when viewing the data in the 'Table' visual it shows:

Time                           User               Company               Document               DocType               Code

26/01/17 16:48:00      Amy               BB123                    whiteboard.png      png                       987

26/01/17 16:48:00      Amy               BB123                    work.xlsm               xlsm                      987

Why has one of my entries for the User: Admin disappeared?

My two entries for User: Admin were identical for every column in the row. Whereas the there are two columns where the User: Amy are different which therefore makes the row not identical.

I cannot see any filtering (thinking it was removing duplicates). I cannot find anywhere where it looks for distinct values and therefore would look to remove the duplicate row.

Does the 'Table' visual remove duplicate entries, based on columns, by default?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I now understand that Power BI removes duplicate rows from a table by default. This is due to Power BI being a aggragation tool.

The way around this would be to create a index column to provide the uniqueness of rows.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I now understand that Power BI removes duplicate rows from a table by default. This is due to Power BI being a aggragation tool.

The way around this would be to create a index column to provide the uniqueness of rows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.