Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nashy
Regular Visitor

Two measures on one graph

Hi 

I have a little problem to solve. I have a Dataset which has two date columns one is called create_dt and the other one is close_dt

I want to count the numbers of create and closed based on Year and month

so my X- Asis should have

Year and Month (not from creat_dt or close_dt)

My Y axsis should have a bar chat with two bar one for each count

I was able to achieve it with one count but the second count value is incoorect. can someone help me

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nashy,

Based on my understanding, you should put Year and Month on X-Asix not form  creat_dt or close_dt, so if the start date is 2017/1/2 and the last date is 2017/1/10, so the row should be count when date on X-Asix 2017/1/5, right? If it is, please review the solution.

My sample data.

1.PNG

Create a Calendar table named 'DateTable' not related to my sample date above. Create a measure in Calendar table to get each day.

Selected = CALCULATE(MAX(DateTable[Date]),FILTER(DateTable,DateTable[Date]<=DateTable[Date]))

Create a measure to count the numbers of create and closed based on Year and month.

Count11 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table3),FILTER(Table3,Table3[Month_Start_Date]<=DateTable[Selected]&&Table3[Month_End_Date]>=DateTable[Selected]))

Create a line chart, select the 'DateTable'[Date] as asix, the Count11 measure as value, you will get expected result.

11.PNG

Please let me know if you have any issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Nashy,

Based on my understanding, you should put Year and Month on X-Asix not form  creat_dt or close_dt, so if the start date is 2017/1/2 and the last date is 2017/1/10, so the row should be count when date on X-Asix 2017/1/5, right? If it is, please review the solution.

My sample data.

1.PNG

Create a Calendar table named 'DateTable' not related to my sample date above. Create a measure in Calendar table to get each day.

Selected = CALCULATE(MAX(DateTable[Date]),FILTER(DateTable,DateTable[Date]<=DateTable[Date]))

Create a measure to count the numbers of create and closed based on Year and month.

Count11 = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Table3),FILTER(Table3,Table3[Month_Start_Date]<=DateTable[Selected]&&Table3[Month_End_Date]>=DateTable[Selected]))

Create a line chart, select the 'DateTable'[Date] as asix, the Count11 measure as value, you will get expected result.

11.PNG

Please let me know if you have any issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.