Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jansenuy
Helper I
Helper I

Two level filtering

Hello,

I need to create a measure that filters a columnbased on two different columns separately not subsequently.

To make it more understandable, I need to filter cash flow for selling transactions in, let's say, US, and buying transactions, for the US as well.

So I have three columns Cash Flow, Point of Sale, and Point of Purchase. How can I filter cash flow for all transactions in the US? Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jansenuy

If I understand your question correctly you could create either 2 slicers, one for each of the Columns.

Or you could also create a measure similar to the one below.

My Measure = CALCULATE([Total Sales],Table1[Column] = "Selling Transations" || Table2[Column] = "Buying Transactions")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @jansenuy

If I understand your question correctly you could create either 2 slicers, one for each of the Columns.

Or you could also create a measure similar to the one below.

My Measure = CALCULATE([Total Sales],Table1[Column] = "Selling Transations" || Table2[Column] = "Buying Transactions")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQDidn't exactly copy your measure but I used || to simulatenously filter. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.